I am proud to have cofounded InterPlay with Phil Porter. InterPlay is an active creative approach to unlockng the wisdom of the body and is applied by individuals and groups around the world.
- founded in 1989
- comprised of twenty-six creative forms and ideas.
- cultivates five means of soulful wisdom: movement, voice, story, stillness, and connection
- helps to playfully reintegrate body, mind, heart, and spirit
- fosters health, peace, and community.
Through classes, retreats, and the Life Practice Program, participants learn how play may be more effective than working on issues as they apply InterPlay’s 8 Body Wisdom Tools. Certified Leaders teach
- Easy Focus: Wheeeee
- Body Data, Body Knowledge ,Body Wisdom: Notice, Notice, Notice.
- Inner Authority: Believing What You Notice.
- The Physicality of Grace: Noticing the Good and Have More of It
- Exformation: Getting Rid of the Icky Stuff
- Body Wisdom Practices: Practicing More of What You Want
- Incrementality: We Get Into Trouble Into and Out Of Trouble In Tiny Steps
- Affirmation, Affirmation, Affirmation.
With this foundation diverse people at all levels of ability discover how to
- dance, sing, act and speak on behalf of others
- take care of themselves as bodyspirits
- welcome one another with open hearts and minds
- attune to “higher” wisdom
- cultivate gifts
- make growth and healing fun
- affirm each other to be exactly where we need to be
These abilities correlate to historic, spiritual and religious practices used around the world. As individual body awareness increases, InterPlayers increase sensitivity to their unique abilities. Developing as intuitives, artists, dreamers, healers and wisdom keepers we seek to discern
- what our purpose is and how to stay focused when it is difficult
- how to engage with challenging energies
- how to play with suffering, grief, rage, and injustice
- when does an individual need self healing?
- when is community support required?
- when do we need assistance to call back lost parts (soul retrieval)
- which initiatory learning path is needed when we’re in over our heads.