InterPlay and other creative, somatic practices inherently support gifted and sensitive bodies. This month’s free webinar call on Saturday June 16th at 8:30am Pacific Time will play with grounding, protecting, releasing, and retrieving our energetic systems.
TAKE THE EMPATH QUIZ: adapted from Dr. Judith Orloffs, “Emotional Freedom: Liberate Yourself From Negative Emotions and Transform Your Life” (Three Rivers Press, 2011
- If a friend is distraught, do I start feeling it too?
- Have I been labeled as “too emotional” or overly sensitive?
- Are my feelings easily hurt?
- Am I emotionally drained by crowds, require time alone to revive?
- Do my nerves get frayed by noise, smells, or excessive talk?
- Do I prefer taking my own car places so that I can leave when I please?
- Do I overeat to cope with emotional stress?
- Am I afraid of becoming engulfed by intimate relationships?
If you answer “yes” to 1-3 of these questions, you’re at least part empath. If you responded Yes to more than three you may have gifts in this area. Recognizing that you’re an empath is the first step in taking charge of your emotions instead of constantly drowning in them. Staying on top of empathy will improve your self-care and relationships.
Take time to notice how you relate to people one-to-one or in groups. It may require slowing such interactions down to become more aware of your style of processing energy. When learning to center yourself, this information is essential.
And here’s the Intuitive Empath Quiz from Cait Johnson MFA, author of Earth, Water, Fire, and Air: Essential Ways of Connecting to Spirit and Witch in the Kitchen who teaches about seasonal, elemental approaches to self-healing, conscious eating, and soul-nurturing creativity. She says,
Intuition is the birthright of every human being, but we each have different “channels” that receive guidance more strongly or clearly than others. One of the most primal of the intuitive channels is that of the healer/empath.”Take this simple, fun quiz.
1. Can you often sense how other people are feeling?
2. Do you ever “feel” the atmosphere in a room when you walk into it?
3. Do you often get goose bumps or other physical signs when you sense something is true or significant for you?
4. Can you instinctively feel when someone isn’t safe or okay for you?
5. Have you ever literally felt another’s pain or symptoms?
6. Do you ever get “gut feelings”?
If you answered “yes” to three or more of these questions, you may have empathic abilities. Read more: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/quiz-are-you-empathic.html#ixzz1xDLMNw46
Gifted and Sensitive or not we all feel the challenge of “Too MUCHNESS!”
Come join the meeting, Jun 16, 2012 at 8:30 AM PDT. Arrive @ 8:25 to take a deep breath at https://www3.gotomeeting.com/join/452853262
2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) – a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone. Dial +1 (786) 358-5420
Access Code: 452-853-262
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting
Meeting ID: 452-853-262
If you would like to receive the Mystic Tech Module of Tools for Gifted and Sensitive Bodies, on the upper right you can sign up as a member for this month only for 15.00. Cancel after you receive the module or remain connected to get next month’s module on the Four Paths of Healing. Members this month will receive
- Tools for Sensitive Bodies: Practices for Movement Meditation or InterPlay
- A Somatic Power Tip: Body to Body Communication
- A Class Outline for Teaching A Gifted and Sensitive Bodies Class
- Spiritual Cleansing for Body, Mind and Home by Michelle Rios Rice Hennelly
- An Introduction to Intuition by Judith Orloff, MD.