- Place yourself in a shape. Rest in the contained stillness.
- Create a series of different shapes, welcoming stillness as you sense the line and dimension of your body.
- Shift from shape to shape with crisp energy, increas- ing or decreasing the lengths of stillness.
- Stretching, engage your muscles as you move through posture-like shapes. Notice the qualities of yoga, bal- let, and hand mudras in the shapes you visit.
- Relax your attention on the shapes you make, and begin to let your shapes carry you, like frames in a movie.
BREATHING IS INTEGRAL TO SHAPING. TO REALLY ENJOY SHAPE- DO BREATHE IN AND OUT OF SHAPES!
Take a deep breath, sigh, and shake yourself out.
- Try moving back and forth between directing energy (thrusting) and shaping.
- Try swinging and then shaping your movement.
- As you find ease in combining the different movement types, make note of any shifts in your physical and spiritual balance.
Can you find the sacred in the shapes around you? In you?