I didn’t do that this year.
Aging is a body deal. Wrinkles, turkey neck, energy shifts, endless ruts in behavior…and then there’s being a dancer. I’ve seen people rally around their aging physicality big time.
Phil said that if he looks at where physical problems are showing up he sees things headed downhill. He realized he needed uphill plans. Shortly after that he went back to the gym to swim. He’s lookin good.
Roberta Meyer, a long time mentor, performed her last ballroom dance exhibition BEAUTIFULLY at 65. She had the iron will of a Balanchine dancer and did rigorous daily practice to stay in shape.
Of course dad is in a league of his own—still clearing trails and race directing in his 80’s. Don’t think that is going to work for me.
I create best through desire, curiosity, and following spirit. That is why I’ve decided to put a love and desire for beauty at the forefront.
Look out. I will be telling a lot more people that they are beautiful! I will bow to beauty in everything I can. Here are some places I will plant this seed this month. I need people of all ages to assist in claiming Beauty NOW.
- May 8th I open my Redux studio alongside artist Deborah Kimsey and Wing It friends to honor Beauty through the Art of Adornment! Adorn your own shrine to beauty, and better yet, come as an Adornment between 6-9 (7-8:30 for the action) in Alameda on Lincoln near Park.
- May 9th Honoring Our Mothers with Soyinka Rahim, who will share the beauty of her mother, what she learned and lost.
- May 17th Masankho Banda and I are offering Chikondi: Healing Prayer for Our Ancestors. I am so grateful for the support of my ancestors. I’d love for more people to know that.
- May 20th I’ll be celebrating with my family as my niece Leah Miller graduates from Cal.
- May 28th, my actual birthday, I’m giving myself is a Numerology Reading with LaVerne Baker Hotep, InterPlayer from Pittsburgh!
- May 30th An InterPlayful Performance at InterPlayce 1000 Bows to Beauty!!! Everyone is invited. Wheeee.
- October 15-19 at the Parliament of World Religions in Utah I hope to direct the Unbelievable Beauty of Being Human.
- November 14-18 In the New Mexico desert I’ll convene other mystics to play, pray, and support a growing spiritual intelligence and love in our world and lives.