SpiritPlay: Three Summer Mini Retreats
Hold sacred the Wisdom of Your Body: Come for one or all
Fridays June 7, July 12, August 9 10:30-3pm at InterPlayce in Oakland
Gather into the summer months by listening to what your body wants.
Are you weary? Bring that. If you are cranky bring that.
InterPlay practices provide a place to be YOU
in body, mind, heart, and spirit, with more joy and grace.
The bonus? Restored sense of human goodness.
Reground in the core power of creative, playful body wisdom.
The mini-retreat schedule
10:30-11:00 warm up meditation
11-12 SpiritPlay Movement, Voice, Story
12-1 Bring or Get Lunch
1-3 Creative Practice Focus
- June- Creative License Poetry Art
- July- Heart Bouquet Collage
- August- Story Shrines- Bring a Book
Cost: $20-$80 sliding fee, work trades available
Registration/Information: Register with email@example.com 510-465-2797
Coming This Fall
A PATH TO SPIRITUAL INTELLIGENCE FOR OUR TIMES
The InterPlay Life Practice Program for Spiritual Leaders 2019-2020
Opening & Closing Retreats in Oakland, CA: Oct 7-10, 2019 & Feb 17-20, 2020
8 online weekly wisdom teachings: Tuesdays 3-5 pm PST October 15, Nov 5, 19, Dec 3, 17, Jan 7, 21, Feb 4
Three one to one sessions to explore InterPlay tools and practices in your own life either in person or on Zoom.
$200 off when you register by Aug 30.
- Affirm your body’s intrinsic spiritual intelligence.
- Increase fluency in the creative wisdom languages of soul: movement, voice, word, stillness.
- Embody healing, prayer, speaking, discernment, celebration, justice, and ritual.
- Recoup the path of joy and play in a reflective, easy-going community.
Why Body Wisdom?
Physicality is basic. Racism, gender, class, ability, politics, religion, climate change, animal care, and culture are all body realities. A great transformation is possible when we put the body and our earth body at the center of spiritual intelligence. Our bodies know how to honor and affirm everybody as distinct and as part of a distinct community. Do we honor bodies? If not, how can we honor souls?
Gifts of this Program When we honor the body we can reliably, playfully, and authentically
• Access voice, movement, stillness, and stories to connect to self, others and the Divine.
• Build communities that empower marginalized people.
• Find a deeper connection with earth, people, and spirit.
• Practice resiliency techniques.
• Adopt improvisational skills for working with complex situations.
• Risk new skills for speaking and presenting.
• Bring artful ritual to bedside, one-to-one, small and large groups.
• Cultivate intergenerational bonds among children, youth, and adults.
Why Creativity for Spiritual Intelligence? Soul comes alive through voice, story, and stillness, whether or not we are proficient in these areas. Each form of creative expression provides a unique route to revelatory knowledge and healing. To embody one’s full spiritual inheritance depends on engaging our birthright practices: movement, voice, story, stillness, as well as visual, musical, written and spatial arts.
Start your journey in the creative diversity of the Bay Area and in the artful sanctuary of InterPlayce. With time to explore the balance of creative practice and body wisdom teachings, our journey unfolds through elegant moments of movement, voice, story, and stillness, which open up the parables of our lives. You learn tools to help people orient to the wisdom of their body: Easy Focus, Body Data/Knowledge/Wisdom, Internal Authority, Physicality of Grace, Exformation, Spiritual Disciplines, Incrementality, and Affirmation. You’ll gather into grace, ease, and spontaneous health as body and soul yield refreshment, connection, and guidance. Along the way, we’ll take in the beauty of the bay area.
This workshop uniquely introduces the body wisdom of spiritual practice.
• The Soul Loves The Body: Recovering Lost Soul Languages
• The Architecture of Soul as Bigger Than Our Body: Bodyspirit as Bigger Than Our Skin
• Spontaneity as A Signature Of Soul
• Transformation and Healing as A Creative Process
• The Need for Different Art Forms To Create Different Ritual Outcomes
Online Sessions: The October retreat is followed by eight online wisdom trainings (two hours each). In these interactive, live, video sessions, participants deepen their body wisdom around aspects of the creative spirit, the art of truth-telling, the nature of being a body intellectual, how to play with challenges, healing and wholeness, and how we encourage creative prayer and service in others.
These sessions will be on Tuesdays from 3-5pm Pacific Time: October 15; Nov 5, 19; Dec 3, 17; Jan 7, 21; and Feb 4.
February 17-20 is the Closing Retreat: “Collective Peace-making and Ritual” (Oakland, CA)
Having formed bonds of play and deep story, we open new vistas for creativity in communal life. What does it mean for peace and for the communal soul to be embodied? This retreat culminates with a graduation celebration.
Continuing Education Credit
50 CE credits (Life Practice Program) and 15 CE credits (Secrets of InterPlay) for various healthcare and allied healthcare professions are available for those practicing throughout the U.S. and for educators only practicing in Illinois. CE preregistration is required at least 2 weeks before the start of your event. Notify the Body Wisdom office (510) 465-2797 at time of registration that you are requesting CEUs. A fee of $25 per program will be due at the time you register. CEUs are offered through Continuing Education Institute of Illinois.
Online Information Sessions by appt. firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Cynthia for more information.Frequently Unasked Questions about InterPlay for Spiritual Leaders.
Cost: $2,250 (does not cover room and board for Oakland retreats) – Payment Plans, Trades and 2 scholarships available.
Registration/Information: Body Wisdom, 510-465-2797 or email@example.com